God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

Anna Grace - January 25

Anna Grace had a rough night last night. Lots of crying, vomiting & then Mommy begging for Oxycodone to give Anna Grace some relief. She finally fell asleep about 11:30 last night and slept soundly after such an eventful evening.

My bath theory did not work, I thought it would wear her out & help her sleep, but I think it just wound her up more. The doctors said I could take her for a 30 minute walk today, so I think my new theory for the day will be to save the walk for tonight at 7:00 (her fussy time) to see if the walk outside will help calm her down & then hopefully we won't have a repeat of last night. The doctors also said if we need to skip the evening feed to give her some relief we could do that as well. We'll see how she does.

So, we worked with the occupational therapist this mornig with the bottle - she took about 20 ml by mouth & then took the rest through her NG tube. The doctors said we could practice with the bottle three times today. I'm glad - practice makes perfect right???

The feeds are the only thing keeping us in the hospital so it's frusterating - continuing to pray for her to tolerate the Portagen (no crying or vomiting) and for her to learn to drink from a bottle. Still lots of skills for our little one to learn.

I also want to share that a sweet from of mine, Mrs. L, came from Spartanburg yesterday just to hang out with me in the hospital & lend an extra set of hands. It has truly been a blessing having her here to rock Anna Grace and soothe her while she is fussing and I am doing other things (like eating, pumping and blogging). What a blessing she is. She is going home this evening & I will miss her, but the Lord sent her to me at just the right time (as God's timing is always perfect)! Thank you Lord for taking care of me :)

Since Mrs. L was here to be with Anna Grace yesterday evening I was able to go to the PCICU waiting room and see the Wilson family for a few minutes. I prayed over Erin & Milo quietly and then left as their pastor had just arrived. PLEASE continue to pray for the Wilson family as they grieve over the loss of their son, Josiah. Peace, comfort & strength for them in the ooming days, weeks & months as they adjust to their new life without Josiah.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hooray for Mrs L!! I am SO GLAD you had someone helping you care for YOU. :) I love your GUTS-- and I am praying constantly for you, Anna Grace, Z, and Brian. The Wilson family has been heavy on my heart too. Let us know what you need!!!

Jenn