God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Anna Grace - January 12 - Update #1

Well, I just got off the phone with Anna Grace's night time nurse who said she had a good night last night. White blood cell counts & blood gases looked good and residual milk amount were low - hooray! She did however say that she thought Anna Grace was a bit of a Pre-Madonna -"why" I asked. She said that she had several bowel movements last night and each time as soon as her pants were dirty she would squak and cry and cause a big fuss until someone changed her and cleaned her up. She was not content to sit in dirty pants for a moment :) Good girl, keeping the diaper rash at bay.....

Her nurse yesterday told me she had nicknamed Anna Grace "Diva". "Why" I asked, she said that she will only sleep if she is swaddeled a certain way and THEN she also has to have just the slightest amount of her "blankie" touching the side of her face. If she is tired and ready to sleep and things are not "just so" then she will cry until you rectify it to her liking.

I guess she is showing a little bit of her personality already. Seems we might have to work on patience, but for the time being I am happy to indulge her :)

I am off to the hospital now & will post more after we look at her chest this morning. Please continue to pray for Anna Grace's right lung. Specifically for the fluid to be less than yesterday. I am resting in God's soverignty today - knowing that HIS plans are good and that He will give us the strength we need for today. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness!

1 comment:

kazeta said...

Hello, I am so glad to hear Anna Grace is doing so well. My brother and his family is a friend of yours so that is how I heard about Anna Grace. My SS class has been praying for her and the 2 of you. What a precious sweet blessing you have!!

Ava