God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Anna Grace - January 20

It's still pretty early on Wednesday so the doctor has not yet made his rounds today - but I was told that we would be starting Anna Grace on 1 1/2 hour compressed feeds today. She didn't do great yesterday on the 2 hour compressed feeds - she threw up twice yesterday, so I am praying that she will be able to tolerate the 1 1/2 hour compression & that we don't stall out here. I am going to start trying to write down everything that is going on during the times she throws up to see if I can find some sort of a pattern - does it happen after diaper changes - does it happen after hiccups, etc..... There may not be a pattern, but I'm going to try to chart it today to see if there is anything to it. We'll see.

We haven't had the kidney ultrasound yet so I still don't know about that.

I have asked the docotrs if we can hold off on starting the blood pressure meds untl we are finished with the antibiotics. We have three more days of antibiotics and I would really like to wait before adding yet ANOTHER medication into my little girl's body. I am hoping they will indulge me if it is safe for Anna Grace to wait a few days.

So... praying today for her kidneys, for no vomiting, for her incision, for the LORD to lower her blood pressure and that no medication will be needed :)

Thank you friends for continuing to be faithful to pray for us. We still desperatley need our prayer warriors!

P.S. - Got about 5 1/2 hours of sleep last night - not consecutive, but still, 5 1/2 hours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog since mid-November/09 and I am praying for Anna Grace's recovery every day. She is being such a strong girl. I am 28 weeks pregnant and my baby was diagnosed with hypoplastic right ventricle and pulmonary atresia at 21 weeks. Your daily blog posts have given me a lot of strength.
I will continue to pray for Anna Grace and your family.
Geraldine
Houston/TX

bethany said...

Hey Tina, My husband and I met your husband in the PCICU waiting room about 2 weeks ago. Do you have an email or Facebook page where I can write you. I would love to share my story with you. Our baby has had to go through some of the same things as Anna Grace.

Erin Hill said...

"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you." We're praying for you and Anna Grace, Tina!! You are doing great things for your little girl.