God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Science and Atheists


I was reading another blog earlier and they were talking about science and the theory of evolution. It got me thinking, (I know, I know a shocker) so I wanted to post my thoughts up for anybody that might be interested. Tell me why I’m so off base here.

I think one of the main problems with main stream science and the theory of evolution is that atheism has high jacked them. Science and evolution are really not the main issue here. The main issue is that unbelievers are using Science and namely the theory of evolution to push their ideology or faith “Atheism”.

Teach the “theory of evolution” in schools I say, but remove all the text books that even hint that there is no God. I am all for science, but I have a problem when science starts telling me it has figured out there is no God. How can God the Creator who is not bound by the laws of the universe by proven not to exist. And to say that all we can see is all there is, in my opinion would be foolish. We cannot see our minds and we know they exist. Well at least for most people.

If you want to keep the science text books the same, then at least live up to what you believe in, helping people make informed decisions based on the facts. If you want to hint in the science text books there may not be a God, then you should hint there might be one. A close look at the history of science would be a great place to start and what these scienctists actually believed, did they believe there is a God or did they believe there is not a God?

I find it amazing that most atheist place there faith in people like Richard Dawkin's. This man hates the idea of God so much that he is willing to put his “faith” not evidence, that aliens planted life here on earth. This would be humorous except as a Christian I believe if he dies he will be eternally separated from God.

What will you say once you are dead and find out God is real? All your hope in science will fade away and your thoughts, deeds and actions will be laid bare before Christ. Repent and believe in Christ, for today is the day of salvation!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you are addressing this issue. I agree with you. It is very disturbing that many educators are teaching our children there is no God.

Kimberly said...

Hi!
Tina's friend, Kimberly here! :) First, your comment at my blog was hilarious! I am sure that was quite a puzzling situation at first! :)
Secondly, this topic is something that I think about a good deal as my oldest daughter has now entered the public school system. I definitely have issues with the thoughts of what she is going to be taught in her Science classes. I realize our choices are either homeschool or do some major work at home to refute what she is fed at school...making sure that she gets the truth of the Word about all subjects.

Hope you enjoy the world of blogging!
In His Grip,
Kimberly

Forthekids said...

Good post! I ran across your comment at Ray's blog.

You're right in stating that atheists have latched on to evolution as a means to do away with the "God hypothesis" (as Dawkins likes to refer to it).

But, it's also about the science, IMHO. Evolution is a "fact" at the level in which it is supported by empirical evidence, but Darwinists push these "facts" all the way back to the first living molecule. They insist that their personal philosophical beliefs are scientific facts. That's where the problem lies. If you're going to teach one theory based on historical inference, then you should certainly allow the opposing theory classroom time as well (ie. Intelligent Design).