God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Future Ball Player








This morning Zachary and I headed to the First Baptist Spartanburg baseball field to see his Papa or Pop-pop as Zachary says and his MeeMaw. Pop-pop was umpiring a little four and five year old game and making sure all the little boys and girls did not kill each other over who gets the ball. It’s funny watching those little kid’s running around all trying to get the ball when it gets put into play with a hit. MeeMaw had the day off today and was just relaxing in her chair watching all the free entertainment. Of course, I think I heard a couple of googles and gaagaas when she saw Zachary. Isn’t it funny how little babies bring out the silly side in adults?

Once the game was over, I let Zachary runaround the infield. I think he is going to be a future All Star and may even have enough talent to make the big leagues. He loves balls and wow can he move fast. I have never seen a faster fourteen month-old child before. Zachary is possibly the fastest one-year-old this of the Mississippi. I am not proud or anything as you can tell. I believe in dreaming big and telling him that nothing is impossible if he can vision it.

After the ballpark, we made a straight line to the other Grandparents house. My mother (MeeMee) and dad (Granddad) were working around their duplexes today. Grandparents are a wonderful gift from God and I am grateful that Zachary has three complete sets of them. Anyway, we had a nice visit and then had some lunch. Meemee was able to feed Zachary which I’m sure was a great treat for her and him alike.

I think we had a great morning. I work so much I rarely get time to hang out with my son. He is at such a wonderful age right now. His personality is starting to blossom and I know words and sentences are coming soon. I believe if I stay focused on God, allowing him to be the King of my life, I might make a halfway decent father. If I am half the father my first dad was Zachary might have hope yet, who knows he might become a big-league baseball star…………

4 comments:

BrianB. said...

test comment to check comment mod

kbhall said...

Meemee was outside painting and Granddad was pressure washing the backyard decks. He would overspray the hose so that Zachary could feel the water. Zachary would run under the spray and freeze as the water wet his little head. What fun!
Then Meemee heated up her leftovers and fed Zachary a good lunch of meatloaf, mashed potatoes and black-eyed peas. For dessert, he had his daddy's favorite, a cup of applesauce.

Unknown said...

Brian,

I'm glad my blog is an encouragement to you.

To change the size of the YouTube videos to fit in your side column, simply change the size numbers in the code to width="213" height="180". That's all there is to it.

Hope this helps. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for setting up this BLOG & including family updates for everyone to enjoy. This is so precious! Great job setting it all up too, it looks very professional :)

TB