God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Monday, May 26, 2008

Lake Murray

The family and I headed down to Lake Murray late Saturday afternoon for dinner at my parent’s new lake lot. They have built the dock, walkway, and pavilion in about one month. The house will be coming in about year or two. Most of the work has been done by the family (really Dad) but they did hire out the work for the pavilion roof. The framers started the roof early Saturday morning in an attempt to have it covered before Monday (Memorial Day).

The construction crew was about finished for the day when we arrived around at 5:15PM. Now the framers are not your everyday Sunday school looking crowd. They had tattoos, were smoking heavily and just plain looked like they had lived a rough life. I noticed the owner of the construction company (Karl) had a tattoo on his right arm that said (Isaiah 54:17). Ah, it was an easy in for witnessing to them. Thank you Lord.

After dinner, I was just able to catch Karl and two of his workers (Blaine and John) before they left. I started up the conversation by bringing up the pavilion they had been working on. I went on to ask a little about their lives and then without warning, turned to the things of God.

Karl’s tattoo was a great lead into the things of God. I started as I normally do and quickly found out what they believed about God, heaven and hell. I took them through the Law briefly and asked what would happen if they died. Karl quickly said, “I am going to Hell.” I got the impression Blaine felt the same way. John I could not get a good read on. I asked Karl, “Does that concern you?” which he said, “Yeah I guess so.”

I started to talk about what Jesus did two thousands years ago. How He paid our sin debt and if we would just confess and repent, placing our faith in Him, He would save us. They listened to the Gospel without running me off or beating me up. Praise God!

As the conversation was coming to an end, Blaine made this comment, “Hey man, thanks so much for talking with us. Most people would not even take the time. It really means a lot that you did.” I made sure they all had a Living Waters Gospel tract before they left.

What a day Saturday was. The Lord allowed me the opportunity to speak with Charles at Dick’s Sporting Goods (you can read the post here and listen to the encounter on audio-audio player is in right column) and then I spoke with Karl, Blaine and John that evening. Please pray for all these men, that God would grow the seed of His Truth in their hearts.

This is a picture of Karl, Blaine and John. Karl is the one closest to me, John was in the passenger seat and Blaine had moved to the passenger window.


After they left, we stayed about another hour. It was a wonderful time of fellowship and dreaming about the summer to come. Granddaddy and MeeMaw thanks so much for buying a wonderful place to grow and make memories! The Bentley family is so much looking forward to many days and nights at the lake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you took the time to witness to them. You are a Missionary :)