God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

Virus???? - June 11

My sweet husband woke up with a sore throat today. Ugh..... so I think he and Zachary will be heading to Mee-mee's house tonight to stay through the weekend to help keep any possible virus he may have away from Anna Grace. Please be praying that this is just a sinus issue and not a virus - we are so close to surgery it is really critical that Anna Grace stay well for these next two weeks. Thankfully the Lord is soverign and if it is His will for Anna Grace to catch a virus then we will trust His plan. The Holy Spirit has really been convicting me these last few weeks about not trying to control things and to trust HIM - this is hard for me. It seems like the closer we get to surgery the more difficult this is for me. I had to spend some time on my knees today about this. Thank you Lord for forgiveness.

As for me.... my body is trying to adjust to not producing breast milk. It hasn't been going that well. I was told that putting cabbage leaves in your bra will help dry your milk up, so in desperation I went to Food Lion and bought a huge head of cabbage. I have been putting the cabbage leaves in my bra. It really stinks and I'm not sure if it is helping or not, but I have been a trooper and have been doing this diligently. Today I ran out of cabbage so I had some romaine in my fridge - I substituted the cabbage with the romaine until I can get back to the store. I'm not sure if the cabbage worked but I'm pretty sure the romaine is not working. Desperate times call for desperate measures. It's OK if you're laughing at me right now..... I'll happily take any other remedies you might have :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina'
So sorry you are having to go through this with your milk production. I also nursed all 6 of mine, and at one pt. one of mine had to be weaned early....cabbage leaves were also part of my regimen too,also binding yourself is suppose to help...for any help that may be. I am praying for you dear one:) much love& many many prayers,KatieO

katie said...

I agree. Binding works! That's what I had to do with Marlee, but it was still painful! :(

Anonymous said...

Binding is only thing that will help. Wrap tightly for half hour, unwrap for an hour. Increase binding for couple of hours. think you will see improvement.
Yeah, you gave us a good morning laugh out loud.

Meemee and Grandpoppop