God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Thank You's

Inspired by a friend's BLOG to send thank you notes I prayed about who I should send thank you notes to. The Lord really laid on my heart to send thank you notes to Anna Grace's doctors. We have been so blessed with doctors who truly care for our daughter - they are not only intelligent and talented but also compassionate.

I started thinking about Anna Grace's surgeon, Dr. Bradley. He's at the hospital most everyday. Even on weekends just to check on his patients. His family must miss him on Saturdays and Sundays when he makes rounds. It must be hard to make plans with friends when you're at the hospital every weekend. He has surgery cases everday. He starts his surgeries early. I wonder what time he must get up in the morning to get to the hospital to start a 7:00 am or 7:30 am surgery. Then, the physical demands that an 8 or 9 hour surgery must make on his body. There's no way he breaks away for a "lunch break" when there's a 7 day old baby on heart lung bypass in front of him. It must be as emotionally taxing a job as it is physically taxing. He is special to us and we are thankful to him.

Anna Grace's cardiologist, Dr. R - when I was still expecting Anna Grace he would come to the high risk OB's office to pay us "social visits" because he knew we didn't have maternity insurance. He didn't do that because we were so fun to hang out with, it was because before our daughter was even born he cared about her well being. What a blessing he was to us then and still is to us today - keeping such a close eye on Anna Grace's developing heart.

Anna Grace's pediatrician, Dr. Y - he makes special arrangements for us to enter his office through the back door and go directly into a "well baby" room so we NEVER have to wait in the waiting room or check out. He has also told us on numerous occasions that he and his children pray for our daughter regularly. We are so blessed to have a doctor who sees our baby as an individual who has special needs and is willing to do whatever it takes for her.

I really could go on and on. I felt compelled to share a little bit of my thoughts with my BLOG readers about my thankfulness to Anna Grace's doctors. It doesn't take long to write a note of thanks and I honestly should have done it before now. I'm glad that my friend BLOG'd about thank you notes :)

No comments: