God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Anna Grace - December 17

The appointment with Dr. G went very well today. I was having some "pains" last night - not sure if there were contractions or what they were specifically, but it was enough to send me to bed and I was scared that we might be having an unexpected delivery in Greenville. Thankfully after some prayers & rest the pain subsided. I mentioned it to Dr. G today & he said that I most likely did too much yesterday and that I needed to rest more. Not an easy task with a very active 2-year old boy at home, but I promised to try :) My cervix looked good & they monitored my tummy for contractions for 20 minutes & there were none - praise God!

As for our little Anna Grace..... she weighs in today at 6 pounds 9 ounces. The amniotic fluid surrounding her looked good and the fluid on her abdomen has not increased - again - praise the Lord! As usual, she was squirming and moving & giving them a hard time as they were trying to look at all of the "things" they needed to see, but what a wonderful sign that she is thriving & comfortable - always a blessing for Mommy to see!

So, since she was doing so well I don't have to see Dr. G again until Wednesday next week (12/23) unless of course I feel a decrease in her movement. That will be my last appointment with Dr. G. He has been such a part of our journey it will be strange to not see him a couple of times each week. He will be one person we will certainly be making a visit to once Anna Grace is home & doing well. What a sweet day that will be!

So, right now the plan is to leave for Charleston the day after Christmas. We will have an appointment in Charleston on Monday the 28th for a final look at Anna Grace before her scheduled delivery on December 30th. I can't believe it's almost time for her to be born - I am excited & nervous all at the same time.

We thank you all for your continued prayers for our family and for Anna Grace.

No comments: