God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lemonade Stand Update

Thank you Chick-Fil-A!!!!!!

I wanted to share with you all that the Lemonade Stand is coming together! There are two Chick-Fil-A's in the town in which we live and each Chick-Fil-A is donating 5 gallons of lemonade for our sale so...... we'll have a total of 10 gallons of lemonade to sell on Saturday. That's a LOT of lemonade folks and I don't want to put any of it my refrigerator at the end of the night - I want to sell it all. I am very hopeful that with the support of so many friends and family members that we will be able to do just that! How awesome would that be????? I bet you're already craving lemonade aren't you?

I am also happy to report that even though today is only Wednesday, I have already been able to raise $75 to donate to Palmetto Hearts. Those donors don't even WANT lemonade, they are just some very generous neighbors and friends who are going to be out of town on Saturday and wanted to be able to get their donation in for our fundraiser!

Do you feel the excitement? It's contagious!

Tomorrow I am going to be giving our local newspapers a call to tell them about what we are going to be doing Saturday. I am hoping they will send a reporter, but if not then we will be sending them a press release following the sale along with pictures of our kids in action! I am hoping that a little press will go a long way in educating the public about Congenital Heart Defects and what our kids have endured and will continue to endure and in doing so perhaps help raise money for research. I know, I know.... I am swimming upstream here. I am praying for the Lord's blessing and guidance in this. Please join me in praying about this.

Whew.... it's a big week for our little kids :) I will keep you updated.....

1 comment:

Laura said...

That is great! I am SO looking forward to Saturday! Laura