God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Update

So I haven't posted in the last few days because I haven't known what to post. Anna Grace has still been running fevers, not high... the highest they've been are 100.6 but still fluctuating throughout the day between 98.6 and 100.6. I have about 5 days worth of temps on her - taken about 2 hours apart. I spoke to her cardiologist today and I have a call into her pediatrician. However, her regular ped is gone for the next week so I am actually going to be working with another doctor within the practice while our regular ped is out.

Basically, during my temparature taking oaver the last 4 or 5 days I have noticed a trend. She reads normal temps when she wakes up in the morning and wakes up from naps. She reads higher after she's been up and playing. Now playing for Anna Grace is not strenuous, not by any means, just regular baby playing - but her temps read higher after playing.

I mentioned this to her cardiologist today who said that there are no studies on these Hypoplastic children to know if regular playing would cause core temp to rise but that it is entirely possible. He said based on what I was telling him he didn't think there was a need to do blood draws on her right now, but that I should do whatever her ped thought was best.

So, I am waiting on a call back from our substitute pediatrican right now to see what our next course of action will be. Just so you know... blood draws would have to be done at the hospital. Ugh.... for a germaphobe like me that is a very scary possibility.

So, please be praying for discernemnt for the doctors and for me as to what is the best course of action to take.

P.S. - there is no other symptom other than the fevers. No cough, no runny nose, no vomiting, eating fine, sleeping fine, playing fine. Just a slight fever.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for "the update". :) I had checked earlier today also-- you and AG have been in my prayers!!! I will continue to pray-- I'm sorry this has been stressful!! Please let us know if more specific prayer needs develop!
I love you, sweet friend!