God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Don't Play With Them

I just had to tell my 4 year old son "Do not play with the neighbor children". I hated saying the words. I never thought I would ever utter such words to my children. I know that my 4 year old does not really understand WHY he can not play with them... they are outside having a great time and he is outside and they WANT him to play with them and he WANTS to play with them. Ugh..... it is hard. It is so hard and the GUILT I feel - justified or not - is very hard to deal with. It is hard, it is hard.... did I say that it was hard???? I'm probably making too big a deal about this, but I am ready for this quarantine to be over.

I really would like to just fast forward to spring... past cold / flu / RSV season and into stomach virus season. Not that I'm wanting to catch the stomach virus, but at least we can come out of quarantine... and I am willing to brave catching the stomach virus to be just a little bit more "normal" again.

Just a few more weeks..... echo on March 8 and then most likely the sedated echo in April and THEN perhaps the JOYOUS release from quarantine. I am ready. I know my 4 year old is ready and I'm sure his imaginary friend Garnino (yes, that is his imaginary friend's name) is ready for a break!!!

So this is my vent for the day..... a little glimpse into the mind of a Heart Mom. OK, I'm done now.

No comments: