God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Joy of Forgiveness


This morning during my prayer time I cried out to my Lord, about my lack of a genuine relationship with Him, and how I want to know Him better. I cried out to Him regarding the state of our country and the vile disregard of Him and His laws. I weep when I thought about how pitiful and sinful I am. I thought about how many times I break His heart being disobedient to His will. I pleaded with Him to teach me how to be completely obedient right where I am, to use me for His glory.

One of the things that the Lord has used to grow me over the last couple of years is reading a chapter of Psalm’s and Proverb’s daily. I thank my Pastor Dr. Michael Hamlet for this recommendation. It is such a blessing to have someone in the senior Pastor position who really loves the Lord and will not softly prod the hearer’s hearts, but speak God’s truth mightily from the pulpit.

After prayer this morning I opened my Bible to read His word and Psalm 32 was the first thing I read. I started weeping and had to stop on verse one. I have often wept over being a wretched sinner, but rarely just over the forgiveness and covering of my sin. And I have wept before regarding my transgression and how Christ paid my fine, but rarely just over the forgiveness and covering of my sin. Oh I have wept because of all the wonderful blessings God has lavished on my life I do not deserve, but rarely just over the forgiveness and covering of my sin.

It’s a wonderful thing to be free and have real Life. But even in the joy over my forgiveness, is the shadow of death that falls upon the multitudes of people in this world who do not know Christ.

As I was meditating on what God has in store for my life and how He might use me, verse 8 of chapter 32 stood out:

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.”

Obedience starts where you are at. Pray and read your Bible daily. Call out to the Lord with a humble heart and He shall save you…I pray that the Psalm of David in chapter 32 will touch your heart like it did mine this morning.

No comments: