God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Monday, August 4, 2008

Why Me

During Sunday night worship at church we had a guest singer. As he was lifting up his voice praising God, this is what I jotted down in my notebook.


-Lord why have You chosen me to see Your glory, such a wretched sinner? Why Holy Father would you pour out Your divine truth upon me?

Oh Master of the Universe what do You need? Nothing because You are perfect and holy in Your righteousness, justice, wrath, goodness, compassion, mercy and grace.

Thank you Father for being slow to anger with me, a lawlessness criminal who knowingly sinned against You. Transgression of Your holy law, oh Father please forgive me.

God you have rescued me from my destination of hell thru Christ, oh how can I serve You. Lord my life is Yours and Yours alone.

Please burn into my mind and heart Your holy commandments and never allow me to forget the enormous price paid at Calvary. Please use me Lord.-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Lord is using you in mighty ways. Thank you for being obedient to Him :)

Mimi said...

How many times I wonder why God chose me. I just can not comprehend it. It is sure by grace we are saved, not of works lest anyone should boast....
Keep fighting the good fight brother

BrianB. said...

Thanks Jean. You do the same.