God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 21, 2008

BI-LO Center

Tuesday night Mike Styles and I headed down to the Greenville BI-LO center to do some evangelizing by handing out Gospel tracts and 1 on 1 witnessing. It proved to be a good trip with the Lord helping us right from the beginning. We were going to have to pay and park, but I saw a business associate who let us park at one of his friends place just a few blocks away for free. The Lord also allowed us to stay out front of the BI-LO center on their property and hand out tracts. The staff was very friendly.

The first encounter came right away as Mike and I turned on the sidewalk walking up to the Center. Right when we turned onto the sidewalk so did Esura. Esura was a young man in his mid 20’s who appeared to heading to a street basketball game. I gave him million dollar tract and asked him if he believed in God. He was very friendly and willing to talk, so we moved up away from the traffic and had a good discussion. He did believe in God and thought he was good enough to go to heaven, but really did not understand why he believed that. He listened intently while Mike and I took him through a few of God’s commandments and then he realized he was guilty and would go to hell. There was conviction in his eyes and he listened closely as we explained the cross to him. Although he did not repent, he definitely had a good understanding of sin, law, justice, holiness, hell, repentance and grace after we were done speaking with him. Please pray that the Lord will grow His seed in his heart.

Over at the Center Mike and I split up, each taking one side of the front entrance. We passed out almost 300 tracts between the two of us. I had an interesting conversation with Tim and Mark. Tim was kind enough to let me get a picture of him to post here, to show you don’t have to fear man when you are working for God. Tim is the one on the left...


When I approached Tim he was with his buddies Mark and John. Now John was a rough fellow who quickly got convicted once I started asking questions about God. Tim was very open with me, and said he believed in heaven and hell. When I asked where he thought he would go if he died that night, he said “hell.” This was a very difficult conversation and one I keep thinking John was going to punch me out. John finally got so convicted he just walked off mad with Mark, but his bigger friend Tim stayed and continued talking with me. Once his buddies were gone Tim seemed to open up some and take in God’s truth. Again I left him with a good understanding that he must repent to God and place his faith in Christ or he has to pay the penalty for sin which is death in hell. He seemed grateful when the conversation ended and shook my hand. Pray that the Lord will grow His seed in this heart also.

I had a couple more conversations and Mike I know had a few also. Around 300 people received a clear Gospel message. Please pray that the Lord of the Harvest will grow and mature the seeds of truth and someone from that night will come to God with genuine sorrow, repenting of their lawlessness and placing all their faith in Christ.

No comments: