God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Books


I just finished two books that were both very good. The first book is by John Piper "The Passion of Jesus Christ - 50 Reasons Why He Came to Die". This book goes into detail about why Christ had to come and suffer for us. It is filled with scripture to support his thoughts and very biblical. Each chapter is only two pages; the writing has a nice flow which makes it an easy read. I would give it a thumbs up and recommend reading it. Just to give you a glimpse into the book let me give you the 1st, 25th and 50th chapter titles. Chapter 1 "To Absorb the Wrath of God", chapter 25 "To Become for Us the Place Where We Meet God", and chapter 50 "To Show That the Worst Evil is Meant by God for Good". If you want to grow as a Christian, pick this book up today here.

The second book was slightly different than Pipers book, but I could not put it down. 200 plus pages and I got through it in 4 days which is very fast for me. The book is titled "Out of The Comfort Zone" by Ray Comfort. This book is about Mr. Comfort’s life, how God saved him and how God called him into the ministry. The thing that kept my eyes glued to this book was the overwhelming hand of God on Mr. Comfort’s life. If you want to have a glimpse into the next possible revival from God then read this book. "Out of Your Comfort Zone" will amaze you, excite you, energize you, challenge you, bring tears to your eyes and make you laugh. I told my wife when I finished reading it that I was sad I was done. It was just that good. I strongly encourage anyone reading this blog to read this book. Get a copy here.

Well I have started two new books. The first book is by Francis Schaeffer "Escape from Reason". This book is proving to be a little more challenging than the last two, but thank the Lord it's only about 100 pages long. I'm in the 3rd chapter and it seems to be picking up some stream. See the link to the right for more information regarding Mr. Schaeffer's book.

The second book is another by Ray Comfort, "God Doesn’t Believe in Atheists". I just started this book, but it appears to be very good. You can also see the right column for a link with more information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man! Glad to hear you liked Piper's book. I thought you might enjoy it. Please be careful to hang on to it for me until our next encounter. Good thoughts man! I'm enjoying the blog. Hope to see you again soon.