God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

Big Girl Bed

Last week we moved Anna Grace from her crib to her big girl bed.  Honestly, it's just a toddler bed so it's not that big, but it's not a crib so as far as Mommy is concerned it's a big girl bed!

I was really nervous about making the switch.  I had visions of her getting up out of her bed a zillion times at bed time and running amock in her room destroying the place, but nothing like that has happened at all.  When we put her to bed she just stays in ther bed.  When she wakes up in the morning she just says "Mommy" and I go get her out of her room (we still have a baby monitor in her room).

The transition from crib to toddler bed has been seamless and I am so thankful.

Right now no one in my home needs a crib or changing table, which prompted me to list these items on Craigslist.  We got a buyer right away and Saturday the new owner of our crib, changing table and baby armoire drove away with these beloved items.  I have to admit that I'm a little sad.  I'm not sure I'm really ready to let these things go.  But for now we don't have a need for them and if we ever do have need of them again in the future, I'm sure the Lord will provide right on time as He always does :)

So... our little baby is now in a big girl bed and just about potty trained.  More on that in another post......

No comments: