God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 2, 2009

Witnessing at Passport Health


Tina and I are planning a short mission trip to India this coming March, and to get ready for the trip it was recommended I get some shots. I received four total shots for what my wife tells me is recommended for this part of the world. I guess if they recommend it, you better get them. Two shots in each arm left me sore for a few days.

The nurse working at the shot center (Passport Health) in Spartanburg was a very nice lady. Her name was Tiffany and I knew right away the Holy Spirit was leading me to witness to her. I decided to wait until after the shots just in case the Lord had some persecutions in mind for me. I didn’t want any needles stuck anywhere other than where they were supposed to go.

Once I was finished and after I had paid, I gave Tiffany a Living Waters million dollar bill Gospel tract. She loved it! This allowed me to strike up a conversation about spiritual things with her. Tiffany grew up in a Baptist church, currently attended a church in Lyman, and her husband had just been called into the ministry.

I established with Tiffany that we both believed in heaven and hell and then moved onto the big question. Where does she think she would end up when she died? Of course she said “heaven” like most everyone. When I asked Tiffany why she would end up in heaven she responded like this, “Well I have been a pretty good person, I’m not really selfish and I believe in God and that He is forgiving.”

I then went on to ask Tiffany if she had ever heard of being born again to which she said she did. When I asked her if she understood what that meant, to be born again, you would have thought I had just asked her if she wanted a brand new car - free! She quickly and in a very grateful tone said, “No I don’t, please tell me.”

Tiffany and I spent the next 30 minutes discussing God’s sovereignty and holiness, mans depraved state, what sin is (transgression of God’s law – 1 John 3:4), why hell is reasonable, why Christ had to come, repentance and faith in Christ. God was very good during this whole discussion in that I was the only customer and hers and my phone did not ring at all.

Tiffany said she was very grateful that I came in that day, and she was looking forward to speaking with her husband. We should never assume just because someone goes to church, grew up in church, says they believe in Christ, or is even involved in church that they are “born again.” Tiffany very well might have been saved, but I believe the Holy Spirit was working heavy on her heart and our paths met that day by Divine Providence. Please pray for her.

No comments: