God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 6, 2009

So this is my Prayer


I feel like here lately I have been having to defend my theology more and more. It really is strange because basically my theology is this:

God is sovereign over all created things and can handle His creation anyway He sees fit.

I’m studying Scripture, praying daily for God to allow me to know Him better. I truly with all my desire want to understand correctly God as I believe this helps the creature give due praise to his Creator.

So this is my prayer:

I pray that the Lord will give me a correct understanding of Him, not what I think about Him or want Him to be, but a true picture of His Being from Scripture. I pray that my sinful flesh does not get in the way from a correct understanding of Him and that He gives me grace, even though I know I’m the least of men and by no means come close to deserving it. I pray as my understanding increases in Him, I decrease in worth in and of myself. Father as I humbly come and ask for true understanding I realize that without reverent fear of You this will never be possible. I come not of my own power but I come in Christ who lives. Please cause me to see clearly in this fallen, foggy world. In Christ I pray…

No comments: