God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Scripture for the Day


I have started a new Bible reading program in which I read 10 chapters a day, each chapter from a different book. Using this program will allow me to move through the Bible at a very rapid speed, with repetion being the key. Supposedly moving through the Bible like this will allow you to complete entire books of the Bible multiple times a year and therefore allowing Scripture to interpret Scripture. So far I like the method.


This was my third morning using this method, so I was in chapter 3 of 10 different books. These 5 verses stood out today.

Matthew 3:2 (New American Standard Bible)
2"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Acts 3:19 (New American Standard Bible)
19"Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;

Proverbs 3:7 (New American Standard Bible)
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.

Psalm 3:3-4 (New American Standard Bible)
But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head. 4I was crying to the LORD with my voice, And He answered me from His holy mountain. Selah.

No comments: