God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Sovereignty of God


"To bow before the sovereign will of God is one of the great secrets of peace and happiness. There can be no real submission with contentment until we are broken in spirit, that is, until we are willing and glad for the Lord to have His way with us. Not that we are insisting upon a spirit of fatalistic acquiescence; far from it. The saints are exhorted to 'prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God' (Rom. 12:2)"


A.W. Pink

2 comments:

chadwick said...

Brian,

Next to the Bible, this has been the most life-changing book that I have ever read!!!

You have a nice blog . . . I have added you to my blogroll.

Blessings,
chadwick

BrianB. said...

Thanks Chadwick for the comments on my blog. I'm about finished up with Pink's book "TSOG" and will be reading more of his writings.

I have added your site to my blog list as well.

God bless.