God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Synagis!

We got a letter in the mail on Saturday from the insurance company saying thay had approved Anna Grace for Synagis this winter! If you're not familiar with what Synagis is - it is a medication given my monthly injections which helps the body develop antibodies against RSV. It's not a vaccination, as there is currently no vaccine again RSV, but should Anna Grace contract RSV - this medication will help her body to fight the virus so that it won't be as severe for her. For a heart baby - that is a VERY BIG DEAL. VERY. BIG.

I know that so many of you have been praying about this for us and I want to say thank you for being so faithful to pray for our family. As a heart Mom I am very thankful for your prayers and for the Lord's mercy in continuing to provide for our family. He is so faithful. I am so thankful and so humbled. Now, we can start praying that Anna Grace will tolerate the monthly injections without too much trauma. Her attitude around doctors has been improving since she hasn't had to have regular injections this summer. I would hate to take two steps forward and one step back.

I also can not write a Synagis post without a big thank you to Anna Grace's pediatrician who totally went to bat against the insurace company for her benefit. I can not say enough wonderful things about AG's pediatrician - the Lord truly blessed us with him.

As you can probably tell, I am super excited about this news and just had to share!

No comments: