God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Strep Throat and Cardiology

Anna Grace started running a fever on Thursday night. Friday I called the doctor. She had no other symptom and was acting like herself, just running a fever.... hanging out around 102. They said I could bring her in or that I could wait until Saturday if I wanted to, it was my call. I decided to wait it out and see, but on Saturday morning she was still running a fever so I took her in. Turns out little Miss Anna Grace has strep throat. Again. Ugh. She just had it about 7 weeks ago, so the doctor said it might be a good idea to have the family tested to be sure we are not carriers - meaning strep positive, but not symptomatic. So, we left with our prescrption of Amoxicillan and Brian and I both went to our respective doctors on Saturday for our strep tests. We both tested negative. I suppose I will take Zachary in this week to have his strep test done to be sure he is not the culprit. I am really praying that we are not beginning a strep throat trend. Please pray fervently with us that the Lord will clear up her strep and we will not see it again any time soon. I am not a fan of antibiotics on a continual basis.....

So... Anna Grace also has a cardiology appointment coming up on Tuesday. I will contact her cardiologist on Monday to be sure he still wants to see her Tuesday. Her pediatrican said she would not be contagious on Tuesday and that it would be OK for her to take the Benadryl along with the antibiotic she is on. I will keep you posted on what he says about her appointment, but as for now she still has her Tuesday cardiology appointment so please continue praying that the Lord will calm her and allow a smooth, quiet echo.

Thank you all friends for continuing to pray for our family!

As much as I dread going in quarantine for the winter AG has pretty much stayed sick this summer so it might be nice to have a spell of well :)

No comments: