God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

I have a friend...

I have a friend named Michelle. I am so thankful for her. She is not a heart mom, however she is a mom and we have been friends for about 5 years or so. She is such a blessing to me - she was a blessing before I became a heart mom, but even more since I have become a heart mom. She has walked this journey with me. I can see why many heart moms blog about their friendships falling away once they became heart moms. I am sure there are lots of reasons why that happens. Specifically for me, since I have become a heart mom, my relationship with Michelle has become very one sided. It's always me calling her needing to talk, vent, cry, etc and her listening - offering advice and comfort. Any time of the day or night. It used to not be this way - I actually used to have conversations with her and ask about her and her family (like a "normal" friendship) - but for the last year most of our conversations have focused on me - or Anna Grace or some medical decision or procedure and I have just needed to talk... and talk. Again, I can totally see why so many friendships and family relationships fall apart during the heart journey. I hope it will not always be this way.... since things have started to settle for us a little bit I am hoping to find my way back to "normaL" in this area of my life. It is hard fnding my way back to "normal" - in lots of areas, this included. But of course, I am changed now by this journey. So perhaps "normal" is hard to find because my "new normal" won't look like my "old normal". Does that make any sense? Nevertheless, I have a friend.... her name is Michelle.... and I am thankful for her.

2 comments:

Erin Marie said...

I'm glad your friendship has endured ... as a 28 year CHD survivor I have had the same issues that I feel some heart mom's have ... I also lost my child to CHD (she was born sleeping after being diagnosed) and I lost almost all my friends ... I am glad you have a friend named Michelle!!!

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you have Michelle, and I'm glad I have you. :):):) Friendships come in all shapes and sizes, and adapt to different seasons. I've had lots of friendships go dormant during this season I've been in for 3 years now, and some have continued to grow steadily along in the background, and one or two have florished and blossomed. I am most grateful for my "friend that sticks closer than a brother"-- My Jesus has been what carries me through--- as I know He is for you too. You are loved, Tina. Thanks for being my friend. :)

LOVE YOUR GUTS. Jenn