God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Friday, November 12, 2010

Synagis & A 10 Year Anniversary

Yes, it's that time of year again. Time for Synagis injections. Time for the flu vaccination. Yesterday Anna Grace got her first dose of Synagis. Synagis is a medication given by injection to help develop antibodies against RSV. Synagis is not a vaccination.

The Synagis dosage is caculated by weight and Anna Grace now weighs 19 pounds 13 ounces so... an increased dosage means two syringes to administer the medication... two sticks...ugh. She also received her flu vacciination yesterday as well - so in total she had three injections. Poor little thing. She cried during the shots and for about 5 minutes following the shots and then seemed to recover well. She didn't sleep well last night, but other than being restless she appears to be tolerating it all just fine. Thank you all for praying for her about this. This is all part of having a baby with a special little heart :)

She will have Synagis injections each month through March. It's ongoing through the winter and she will have these injections each winter until the age of two.

In addition to Synagis.... my husband and I also celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary on Wednesday. I can't believe that we have been married for 10 years. It really has gone by in the blink of an eye. I have been reflecting on how the Lord has changed us over the last 10 years. My husband and I are not the same people we were when we married 10 years ago. The Lord saved us both in 2007 and since then the Lord has changed our hearts in a HUGE and I mean HUGE way. I am grateful. I am thankful for the husband the Lord has given me. I am proud to be his wife. Happy 10 Year Anniversary sweetie!

What a big week!

No comments: