God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

Sleepless Nights and Weekend Fun!

Anna Grace did not sleep well at all last week. It started Monday night and continued on through Friday. She was up several times each night and didn't nap well during the days (hence my lack of blogging). I kept taking her temperature - no temp. I kept checking her mouth - no teeth. She was eating fine, just not sleeping. By Friday morning I was exhausted so I took her to the doctor to see if there was an ear infection or something else going on with her. The doctor couldn't find anything wrong with her except she said that it looked like the four top teeth were going to be coming through soon. OK - so maybe that explains all the sleeplessness??? She slept fine Friday night and has done better since then - not back 100% yet, but certainly better than last week. As a heart Mom, you always think something more serious is going on - I'm still watching her closley - checking her temp - but she is acting fine now - in a great mood, playing fine, eating fine, sleeping OK. Her O2 sats at the doctor office were 89 so she was good there (hooray)! Perhaps the Tylenol is just not helping give her any relief because lets face it - once you've had as much Oxycodone and Versaid as Anna Grace has had Tylenol is just like candy. Anyway, I'm finally starting to feel a little more comfortable now that she seems to be acting more like "Anna Grace".

So, since we all got a decent night's sleep on Friday night I was able to take the kids on Saturday afternoon to Milliken Park with my Mom for some fun fall hiking. The weather was perfect for a hike - the sun was out - the leaves were falling. Oh, it was a really terrific day! It was just what we needed and we all throughly enjoyed ourselves.

Look Mee-Maw - you CAN jump the creek!


Zachary stopped playing long enough for me to take one quick picture!


Even Anna Grace was enjoying nature just "cruuising" on the rocks!


Say cheese everyone!


The woman behind the camera (me) and my two beautiful kids.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey sweet friend! Glad to hear from you-- I have been praying (instead of worrying!) since things had been so quiet. :) Also glad AG is getting back to normal and that there was nothing "wrong". I have also been nostalgic, thinking about last year, planning for, praying for, and anticipating her arrival-- with SO MANY unknowns. How I have praised God for all HE has brought your family through in the past year! WOW. What a blessing to my heart to see her sweet picture today-- she is SO PRETTY-- even if she does look SO MUCH like her daddy. :):):) LOVE YOUR GUTS, Tina!