God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

First Importance


1 Corinthians 15:3
“For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,”



Sometimes we get bogged down in the worldly way of doing things. What will get and hold peoples attention? Am I culturally relevant? How can I relate to my kids? How do I handle my money? How do I better my marriage? On and on I could go with example after example of how we try to fix our lives with everything other than the only thing that has power - The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The fact is the apostle Paul had one answer for all the above questions. Preach the Gospel! Preach it all the time. Live the Gospel out loud and speak it out loud. It was of the “first importance” Scripture tells us being brought to the Corinthian church. Why? Because it’s the only message that can change, fix, repair, and save from all the damage caused by sin.

The Gospel is all we have and all there is. But the real questions we should be asking ourselves are these: Do I really know what the Gospel is? And if I think I know it, why is it not transforming my life? And if I believe it's transformed my life, why am I not trying to help others be transformed by speaking the Gospel into their lives?

No comments: