God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Anna Grace - February 13

Anna Grace had her check-up yesterday with the pediatrician. Since he is strongly encouraging our quarantine he has made special provision for us when we come to his office. I just call him on the way there & then I come in through the back door & they have a room waiting for us. No waiting, no check-in, no mingling with others. We also don't have to check out, just back out through the back door. It is making our frequent doctor visits much easier :)

So, he listened to her heart & lungs yesterday & said they sounded good. He also weighed her - she weighed in at 9 pounds 8 ounces. So, she has gained some weight since the last visit - that is good news. We go back again in a couple of weeks for him to continue to monitor her. Thank you Lord that we have been able to see her grow and get stronger. Thank you Lord that we have been able to remain home with our daughter. We are so blessed!!!!!

I followed Anna Grace's appointment with my own appointment - 6 week post-partum follow-up (oh, fun)! When I got there they asked me if I was "breast or bottle feeding". I said bottle and it made me a little sad. I have a love/hate relationship with breast feeding (as those of you who know me know about), but I am sad that I don't even have the option with Anna Grace. I am still pumping in hopes that on March 1 we will be able to reintroduce breast milk and that she will be able to tolerate it, but I won't actually be able to nurse her because we won't be able to see how much milk she is taking. So.... it's going to be the bottle for Anna Grace. Other than that it was a good appointment - I still have 15 pounds left to lose and I got the green light to resume normal activities.

Thank you all for continuing to pray for us and for ministering to us this week with meals, notes & calls. We love and appreciate your faithfulness :)

No comments: