God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Daily Bible Reading


Join me as I begin a journey to read through the Bible in a year. Now I have to be honest, my plan is to actually read through the Bible quicker than a year, which I believe to be a very reasonable and obtainable goal.

I will be reading through the Bible in Chronological order which means, reading the Bible as the events happen in real time. Reading this way will cause you to jump around slightly, but for the most part seems pretty straight forward.

This website is a great source in helping determine which way will work best for you. You can pick your translation and whether you would like to read through in 5 different ways which are listed as the following: Beginning to End, Chronological, Historical, New/Old, or Old/New.

I have already started, so I have a head start. Like I mentioned above my real goal is to finish the Bible ASAP reading it in its entirety. I believe it’s very important that we feed on God’s word daily, so I hope you will plan to commit to do the same as me, and lets try and make 2009 a year we grow closer to the Lord.

Psalm 1:1-3 says:

1Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,nor stands in the way of sinners,nor sits in the seat of scoffers; 2but his delight is in the law of the LORD,and on his law he meditates day and night. 3He is like a treeplanted by streams of waterthat yields its fruit in its season,and its leaf does not wither.In all that he does, he prospers.

No comments: