God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Books


I finished reading “Wesley Gold” a book compiled by Ray Comfort about John Wesley. John Wesley was a great open air preacher in the 1700’s. The book is mainly some of his personal diary notes. It is awesome to see entries talking about 30 thousand people attending an open air session in a natural amphitheater. It was a very easy read and I highly recommend it.

I just started another book called “The Holiness of God” by R.C. Sproul. I made it through two chapters last night and had to put it down…because it was midnight. I have to get some sleep. After only two chapters, I can tell this book will be one that helps me grow deeper in my understanding of the Lord.

Oh that I may know more about the holiness of God, the God of the universe and all His greatness, this is one of my main desires for this life. To know Him and to know Him more clearly for whom He is.

No comments: