God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

We Are Still Here

I'm sorry that I haven't posted in quite some time.  We have been busy with school and last week Zach and Anna Grace both battled with strep throat.  A doctor visit and two prescriptions of antibiotics later and everyone is feeling much better! 

We have been doing a good bit of small hikes here locally.  I have a passion for hiking so my kids and I try to do that quite a bit in the Fall and Winter.  This year it has been a bit more challenging though.  In years past I have had a hiking backpack that Anna Grace rode in on my back, but now at a whopping 32 + pounds I can't hoist the backpack with her in it onto my back safely so I am no longer able to use that.  So now, I just have to hike with her on my hip. 

It's managable, but honestly it is a little rough on my back.  I can tell I'm not as young as I used to be!  With all the hiking latley I am able to see a big difference in Anna Grace as far as her cardio level is concerned.  She simply can't walk.  She just gets so winded and can't catch her breath so mostly she just stays on my hip.  It is a big indicator to me that it is time for the Fontan.

Speaking of Fontan.  We go on Tuesday (Sept 25) to see our beloved Dr. R for an echo, EKG, sat check and of course a weight check.  This appointment will really be her last one before the scheduled surgery in November so I have to admit I am a little anxious about this appointment,.

I will definatley post next week after her appointment to let you know what Dr. R said and if we are still planning for a November 9 surgery.

Between now and then I hope to get some fun hiking pictures posted for you!  Thank for continuing to follow our story and for continuing to pray for Anna Grace :)

No comments: