God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Friday, September 21, 2012

Hiking, Pacheesi and Chuck E Cheese!!!

I know I have promised you pictures for quite some time and I am now delivering!  Here are some picture from our most recent endeavours.  We have been having lots of fun spending time together as a family. 

Before you get to the pictures.... I want to let you know that Anna Grace has a cardiology appointment coming up on Tuesday so please be praying for her to cooperate with Dr. R so that he can get a good look at her heart.  I believe....... that this will be our last cardiology check-up until surgery which is still scheduled for November 9.  Thank you for continuing to follow our story even though I have been a very bad blogger recently!  Enjoy the pictures!

(Note:  Anna Grace was on my hip during all these hikes... I think I'm going to need an adjustment from a good chiroprator soon!!!)





 
This was a warm muggy day that we decided to go hiking on a local tril.  The trail is about 1.5 miles long.  It is an easy hike and it has an awesome wetlands with a boardwalk.  The kids did great and really enjoyed the wildlife at the wetlands.  So thankful I remembered the bug spray before we started out on this hike!
 
 


 
This was a leisurley walk we took at a local botanical garden.  This picture was taken at the "meditation" garden.  Although there is not much meditating going on with my two wild children running around.  Thankfully we were the only ones in the garden at the time!  We forgot the bug spray this day and paid dearly for it!
 
 

 
This hike was done at a local park.  I had no idea that there were even hiking trails at this park!  We had actually gone to play on the playground, but the sun was so hot this day and there was no shade covering the playground that we just decided to start walking in the woods behind the playgound.  We found the trail which ran parallel to a little stream.  There was also a wood bridge that crossed the little stream.  The kids really enjoyed walking near the stream and listening to the water.  I am thankful that we discovered this great easy trail and I am looking forward to hiking it again when it cools down!
 
 
 
 

 
Mee-Mee came to visit us one day last week and brought us a Parcheesi game.  I don't think I ever played Parcheesi as a child but we have played several times since we got the game.  Zachary has taken to it and has really enjoyed playing.  He keeps beating me and he LOVES to beat his Mom.  Smart boy! 
 
 



 
No, we're not at the rodeo.... we finally took the kids to Chuck E Cheese.  This is a germaphobe's worst nightmare.  I think I dread it as much as going to the sick waiting room at the doctor's office.  nevertheless, I promosed Zachary LAST WINTER that I would take him to Chuck E Cheese this summer.  He has patiently waited and has continued to ask me ALL SUMMER when I was going to take him to Chuck E Cheese (thanks to the numerous Chuck E Cheese commercials which continue to remind him).  Since the summer is almost over, it was time!  Brian was able to take some time off work on a weekday morning and so we headed to Churck E Cheese at 9:30 am on a weekday.  As I suspected we were the only ones there (which was what I had hoped for)!  We had the place all to ourselves and the kids had a ball!
 

 
Zachary enjoying the place... "Where A Kid Can Be A Kid"!  After we got home the kids were stripped down and thrown into the bathtub for a good scrub.  They didn't mind though, they really did enjoy their time at Chuck E Cheese and I'm thankful we were able to go.

No comments: