God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The BIG Race!

It is a few days since our BIG Palmetto Hearts 5K race. I say BIG because it was packed! Our committee was admittedly a little overwhelmed by the number of people who showed up for the race. We had almost 350 people come out to run!!!! Amazing!

Because of the sheer volume of people registration ran a little slow (sorry to those of you who had to wait) and the race started a little behind schedule, but once the race began it was just perfect!

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. The temperature was just perfect, low humidity and lots of sunshine. It was beautiful.

There were lots of heart families in attendance which was a blessing for so many of us to see. After spending more days in a hospital than any child should ever have to, it is SO NICE to be able to come together at such a fun function and celebrate life and raise money for a worthy cause. What a blessing!

As for my responsibility of setting up the festival area.... my "team" were All Stars! Everyone showed up SUPER early (3 of my team even beat me there) and we worked together and got everything set up just as planned. I LOVE it when a PLAN comes together. Thank You so much my super-friends for being willing to help me out. There is NO WAY it could have happened without your help. Seriously, no way.

So, now that the race is all complete I know that the race chair is still tallying up last minute expenses and such so I don't know yet how much money was raised, but if I had to take a guess I would say that we were able to raise about $8,000 - $9,000 for Palmetto hearts. Isn't that just amazing! The Lord truly blessed our day and our efforts here. It is so humbling. Thank you all for coming and support our heart kids.

Please enjoy these pictures from race day!








No comments: