God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Anna Grace - March 4

So for the moment BOTH kids are napping -at the same time - yes, I can hardly believe it myself!

I wanted to update everyone about how Anna Grace is doing since she has been on breast milk. We started her on breast milk Friday around noon. Since that time she has not thrown up. When she was on the Portagen it was a fight every feeding to keep her from vomiting. Also, when she was on the Portagen she was taking two different tummy medications - one of them twice a day - the other 4 times a day. Since she has been on breast milk we have dropped one of the tummy medications completley (the one she was taking 4 times a day). The other tummy medication I am going to experiment dropping to only once a day & see how she does with that. Overall, she is feeling remarkably better - she still cries - but it is not at all like it was when she was on the Portagen. Also, when she was on Portagen - she was eating two ounces at each feeding - since she has been on breast milk she is eating 4 ounces at each feeding - she doubled her volume almost overnight. It really has been such a blessing to be able to feed my daughter food that her body was meant to eat. I guess I am thankful that Portagen exists, because without it she would have been in the hospital on an IV all this time because there would not have been anything for her to be able to eat that her body could process. But, I am so thankful for God's mercy that at least for now she is able to eat breast milk. Please continue to pray that when we go back for her chest x-ray in two weeks that there is no fluid accumulation in her chest & she can remain eating breast milk.

Oh... I took both kids by myself to the park yesterday for about 30 minutes and again today for about 30 minutes. We are supposed to be in quarantine, but the park was pretty much a ghost town yesterday & there were only 3 children there today. We scrubbed our hands when we got done. It was such a treat to be able to be outside in the sunshine even if it was only for a little while - I have really missed it and I know Zachary has too. I just LOVE cold sunny days, don't you?

No comments: