God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2009

Who is Abraham and Sarah?


Yesterday after service I asked my wife what she thought about the service (which I thought was great – the Spirit was moving) and I was puzzled by what came out of her mouth.

She responded, “I was having trouble concentrating on the message.” I asked, “Why?” She said, “I’m not sure but I’m feeling bad about it.” I then asked, “What were you thinking about?” Now let me say the answer she gave is not what I was expecting. I was expecting something like this - thinking about our new baby on the way, little zb and potty training, some sin in her life, or some sin in someone else’s life, etc. That’s not how she responded. This is what she said.

“I was thinking about Abraham and Sarah.”

Now I’m thinking, who in the world are Abraham and Sarah? Do I know these two people who my wife knows? Maybe they were new to our church or maybe someone from the MOPS ministry Tina is involved in. I then started thinking, could she be talking about the patriarchs of the Jewish and Christian faith. Abram who became Abraham and his wife Sarah, who gave birth to Isaac – the story told from Genesis. So I asked,

“…Are you talking about Abraham and Sarah…the Bible’s Abraham and Sarah?” and she responded “Yes!”

I’m not going to get into why she was thinking about this while the sermon was going on. It really does not matter. But I would like to point out one thing. Her mind was wandering, but where did it wander to? Scripture - God’s holy word.

I am so very grateful the Lord has blessed me with a wonderful wife who loves the Lord. Honey thank you and I love you!

No comments: