God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Consuming Fire


(readers on FB click link and then click view original post)

God is a consuming fire (Heb.12:29). I’m not sure why this popped into my noggin this morning during my Bible reading as I was not even in Hebrews. It came to my mind after about 6 chapters out of 6 different books. This is what I wrote down:

God is a consuming fire. Everything that is created will eventually be consumed by God like oxygen with fire. Everything outside of Christ and everything that does not have the protection of the Holy Spirit will move into God’s infinite wrath and terrible justice, which will never end. There is no escaping this truth. You are either protected in Christ and experience the glorious holiness of God’s consuming grace and mercy, or you suffer and are consumed eternally in hell. Again there is escaping this truth. There is no end inside of God’s consuming fire because God is everlasting.

Hey don’t blame me I was not even in Hebrews this morning as I’ve already said. Turn to Christ and repent of violating His law and taste the Living Water that protects from the consuming fire to come. God bless.

No comments: