God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Paperwork & Prayers


What a day I have had today. I took Zachary to a friend’s house this morning at 9:00 am to play with her children while I “took care of business”. I want to thank my friend Jennifer S for watching Zachary for me from 9:00 until 1:00 while I was out, it was a huge blessing to know he was being taken care of & having a blast playing with Jennifer’s little ones.

So, after dropping off Zachary I headed to our accountant’s office who basically rearranged his day to meet with me to help me make heads or tails of the Medicaid application that I needed to complete. What a great guy to help me out with such a daunting task. I felt a little badly for him though as I was trying to tell him all that was going on & why I was there I began to weep. He was uncomfortable and asked me if I wanted a glass of water. It was a sweet sentiment. After the tears I was able to pull myself together for the next two hours while we made copies, filled out paperwork & answered questions that I wouldn’t have been able to answer without his help. I am thankful to God for this man today as I would have been so clueless without his help and advice.

So after that it was onto the bank for some statements, home for some birth certificates & then to the Medicaid office. If you have never been to a Medicaid office it is a room with linoleum floors and mismatched chairs and all sorts of people waiting for their number to be called. I was number “1” and they were on number 88 when I got there starting over after they reached the number 100. Basically when you get there you have to take a number, they won’t talk with you or answer any questions until they have called your number. The time actually went pretty quickly as I tried to keep myself from crying and began praying over the application and for the person who God would choose to read the application and information that I had prepared. I prayed for compassion and mercy and God’s intervention to get me to the right person for help. After about 20 minutes a sweet lady called my number. I went to the window with all my paperwork to tell her why I was there and of course I started to weep as I began to tell her my story. She had such compassion for me & invited me to the back room so I could tell her my story in private She listened intently & then asked me to wait for a minute as she went to see if there was someone there who could talk with me immediately. Thankfully there was a woman there who could see me and the sweet lady ushered me into this new person’s office. I again told her my story and gave her my application. She reviewed my application and of course there were two missing pieces of information that she needed. So, home I went and I am still working on collecting the missing information tonight. I am hoping to have it come morning & I can give her everything she needs to make her determination. She did say she would be reviewing the information with her supervisor so please be praying for them both as they make their decision. This is huge for our family as you can imagine.

So, after this long day here are some things I am thankful for today…

I am thankful today for our accountant. God certainly placed him there for me today and he truly went beyond the call to help me. He was truly an answer to prayer.

I am thankful for my friend who kept Zachary for me so that I could take care of this paperwork today. There is no way I could have done what I needed to do today with a two-year-old with me.

I am thankful for all of my friends and family who are praying for our little girl and posting such encouraging words to lift us up throughout the day. Brian & I are both so truly THANKFUL to have so many people praying for our little one.

I am thankful that we are going to be leaving Friday to go to Florida.

I am thankful for friends who are doing their best to find a home for my kitties. Even though I can’t take care of them anymore I still love them and want them to have a good life.

I am thankful for God’s Word - Hebrews 4:16 "Let us approach the throne of grace with confidence so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

3 comments:

PamO said...

Tina and Brian,
I wanted to share with you this blog, written by Jesse, the mom of Luke, who has Single Ventrical like our Zach. Her latest post is about the beginning of their "heart journey" and mirrors what you have gone through this week. She writes beautifully and I am always inspired by her faith.
http://smithfamilyjourney.blogspot.com/
We are praying for you and your precious baby girl!

Love,
Pam Owens
bprowens@bellsouth.net

BrianB. said...

Thanks for the website and prayers. Do you by chance know where Jesse and her family lives?

PamO said...

Unfortunately, they live somewhere in Washington state. It is so good to connect with other families that know what you're going through, though. I have emailed with Jesse a few times and Zach loves to look at the pictures of the blogs that I visit.

When you get back from your vacation, maybe you can register with Palmetto Hearts, an online community of heart families from around SC. www.palmettohearts.org

I also love to read Adventures of a Funky Heart at http://tricuspid.wordpress.com/

Please let me know if there is anything we can do - beyond prayers, of course. We would love to get together sometime so Zach and Zachary can play.