God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Life is Fragile

Last week a 16 year old boy was killed at 7:30am outside my home. He was driving alone on his way to school when he lost control of the Sports Utility vehicle and ran head on into my neighbor’s large oak tree. He was killed on impact.

Lot’s of questions run through a mind when you hear something like this. Why was he driving alone at 15? Was he speeding? Was alcohol or drugs involved? And many, many more could be asked. But the thing that really ways heavy in my mind and heart about this accident is whether he was saved or not? Did he know Christ and was he born again?

I actually wrote in my journal that morning before I knew he had been killed this: “During my prayer time this morning someone had a bad wreck outside my home. It’s just a reminder how precious and fragile life is. I need to be witnessing more and asking God to make this a desire of my heart. I need hell to be real to me, so it will motivate me to go and warn people about it.”



Life is so precious and fragile. We are not promised tomorrow nor are the ones we love and the people we come into contact with each day. Join me in looking for the opportunities God puts in front of us everyday, all day long to speak of His truths in Christ. I pray this young man was in Christ.

No comments: