God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas come Early


I just received a new batch of books in the mail from Amazon, and although my wife tells me I have to wrap them up for Christmas, I just had to start on one. The book I choose is “Wesley Gold” a book about John Wesley, compiled by Ray Comfort.

I started the book last night and could not put it down. The first quarter of the book was a biography of John Wesley’s life and the rest of the book are excerpts from his dairies. I completed the biography and will most likely finish the book tonight or tomorrow night.

The thing I am most intrigued about John Wesley is how this man of God could be so wrapped up in God’s word, studying and preaching it, and not be saved. Here is just one part of his dairy about this issue.

“Immediately it struck into my mind, “Leave off preaching. How can you preach to others, who have not faith yourself?” I asked Bohler whether he thought I should leave it off or not. He answered, “By no means.” I asked, “But what can I preach?” He said, “Preach faith till you have it, and then, because you have it, you will preach faith.”

Shortly after the above diary, Wesley became a Christian - a true convert who burned with a hot white passion for all to know Christ.

Christmas has come early in the Bentley house!

No comments: