God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Slay Sin


Sometimes in my prayer time I feel like I can not get out of the confession stage. I get stuck in the reality I am still flesh, and pleading with God to slay my flesh. I believe self cannot slay self, so slaying self has to be a work from the Lord. To die to self and become truly humble should be the goal of all Christians. Pride and lust seem to attack on a regular basis. These two sins are on the surface of my life, oozing from my pores, but they also grow deep within to the pits of my heart. Oh that God would completely free me. Becoming free is something that will not happen here on this earth, but I know the sword of the Lord can tame any sin.

Coming clean and humility before God is the key to becoming free; and knowing that anything outside of Christ is dead is the key that unlocks life. Until self completely lets go of all control and dies, there is no hope of mastering whatever sin ales you.

Saying you have no sin is calling God a liar. Read the bible and find out where…

No comments: