God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Temper Tantrums

There is so much I want to BLOG about but I have been struggling with finding the time to BLOG - so for that I apologize. I also have not been able to figure out how to post pictures or videos.  Shortly after the first of the year blogger changed it's image upload feature and now I can't figure out how to do it - so I have lots of fun pictures to show you and no way to get them on my BLOG.  My technology savy hubby will be able to figure it out for me though so hopefully I'll have some new pictures up for you soon!

Things here have been the same.  We are still in quarantine trying to stay well during this crazy flu season that we are having.  We have mostly been doing homeschool, playing outside and going on the occassional hike.

We have decided to homeschool again for the upcoming school year.  It is always nice to have the decision made.  Now I am in the search for the cirriculum we are going to use for the upcoming year  I'm not going to start AG on an official cirriculum this year, but she will probably just stay in the school room with us on an informal basis like she has been doing for the last year.  It's amazing how much information she picks up just staying the in the school room with us. 

Our beloved Ms. Lauren came to babysit for a few hours on Saturday.  She hasn't seen the kids since we came home from Charleston.  She was amazed at how great AG looked and amazed at her stamina.  She took her for a walk around the block and said she only had to carry her about 20 feet.  It is a far cry from our walks with AG just a few short months ago when she had to be carried virtually the entire way.  It was a blessing to see Ms. Lauren for all of us.  She is such a dear dear young woman to us and we love her very much!

As for AG.  She is entering the temper tantrum stage of life.  Zachary never really experienced this but AG is a very strong willed child.  For example, Brian took the kids hiking today.  I needed to make a run to Sam's Club and I needed to do some checkbook balancing and bill paying.  So - Brian and the kids went off for some hiking.  Well, while they were out on the trail AG had to potty (she's been doing really great with her potty training over the last few weeks).  So, since they were on the trail and there was no potty anywhere near Brian let her potty in the woods.  She loved it!  After they got home she had to potty and proceeded to try to potty outside.  Well, I tried very lovingly to explain that when you're hikiing and you really have to potty and you can't hold it you can go outside, but when you're home or near a potty it is proper to use the potty.  Well, she wouldn't hear of it - she was determined not to use the potty but to go outside.  So, the temper tantrum began and went on and on and on.  It finally ended with her pottying on the floor and then taking a shower.  Whew... she would not be presuaded, not by candy, not by time out, not by toys or distractions.  So I am hoping we are not back to square one with the potty training, but we will see :)  But honestly, I am thrilled to be blogging about potty training and temper tantrums because it means that she is doing well and starting to get back to normal - so I'm always happy to deal with and blog about "normal" kid things!

As for a Zachary update - well, my big boy turned 6 years old this last weekend.  It was a bittersweet ocassion to be honest.  I am thankful that he is growing into a fine young man but at the same time so sad to see him getting older too.  It only seems like yesterday that he was born and I was holding him for the first time.  What a sweet, sweet baby he was!  Now he's telling me that I can't lay down with him any more at night because he'a big now.  Sniff.... truly I'm thankful and sad all at the same time! 

So that is about all the news I have for now.  AG goes back to the cardiologist in a few weeks for an echo and a check up with Dr. R. In the meantime, we're just hanging around the house trying to stay well!

No comments: