God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Clouds and Testimonies

I was just sitting here tonight browsing some Christian blogs, looking at some Christian videos and had a very old memory pop into my mind. I remembered when I was a young boy, before sin radical almost destroyed me, being outside during sunny days looking up at the clouds and in the clouds I could see all kinds of things. I could see all kinds of animals, people, shapes, etc…I remember how something so simple like looking into the cloudy sky could bring such joy. I remember just laying on my back for what seems like hours just watching the clouds pass by. They were so big and white and puffy. What a precious memory the Lord allowed me to have tonight. I have not thought about those days in 20 plus years.

What brought that thought on? I am not completely sure but it prompted me to write this blog and post the video below of Paul Washer’s testimony. My story is not exactly like Mr. Washer’s but it’s not completely that different either. The Lord has saved me. The Lord has saved me, a vile wicked man who deserves death in Hell. Now that I understand how much I have trampled and transgressed God’s holy law, I can clearly see the cross and what Jesus did for me. How can I not serve Him who humbled Himself out of His glory and divine dwelling place to come and die a criminal’s death? I am the criminal and the one who should have had to pay. Christ is Holy and sinless, and died for me while I am still a criminal. Again how can I not serve Him?

If you like the short Paul Washer testimony and would like to hear one of his messages, click on the link to the right ---------->
“If you don’t look at anything else on this blog, please watch this!”

Thank you Lord for saving me!

2 comments:

Steve Shanafelt said...

Just to let you know, we profiled this blog post over at sparklecityblogs.com. We're also thinking of having a blog meet-up next week, and if you're interested, please drop a line at publisher@spartanburgspark.com.

Steve Shanafelt said...

Just to let you know, we profiled this blog post over at sparklecityblogs.com. We're also thinking of having a blog meet-up next week, and if you're interested, please drop a line at publisher@spartanburgspark.com.