God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Monday, July 21, 2008

Eight Weeks

Well it’s been eight weeks since I was baptized at First Baptist North Spartanburg. I was baptized when I was a young boy, but looking back on it I believe I just went swimming. My life never changed and really my life started going down hill with sin. Anyway, I will leave my testimony for another day, but I wanted to tell everyone something someone said to me right before I was baptized.

While I was waiting for the service to start I met a gentleman who was a pastor at another church. I don’t remember his name, but he was there to baptize his grandchild. We were talking briefly before the service started and I was telling him my story about why I was getting dunked again. He said these words to me right before I went down in the water, “Get ready for Satan to get after you”. Well I just politely said I would and then I never saw him again.

Right after I was baptized I got sick with a sinus-head cold. I don’t know if it was allergies or a cold, but it finally got me so down so I had to call the doctor. The doctor called me in an antibiotic which moved everything from my head to my chest, and then I started coughing like crazy. The coughing and chest problems continued until I finally called the doctor back. I then received a steroid shot for allergies which seemed to help some. As of today’s date I still have a small cough and have started getting canker sores in my mouth.

Now I have never had issues before with allergies and although I do sometimes get canker sores in my mouth, I never have had more than about two at a time. I have to be honest it’s been one of the most difficult summers I can remember, except when my father was killed in 1996.

Are the problems I have been experiencing for the last eight weeks related to my baptism? I don’t know, but I do know I’m ready to start feeling better. If my problems are related to my baptism, then I feel honored to be able to suffer because of the one who should not have had to suffer, Christ. I have confidence that God is in control and when it’s time I will be whole again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is using you in many ways right now - it really seems that Satan is being aggressive against you. I am praying for your strength & perseverance.