God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Monday, August 6, 2012

Potty Time!!!!!

Yes, it's potty time in our house!  I have really hesitated with starting potty training Anna Grace just because I knew we had an upcoming surgery (which I though was going to be August 10) so I just thought I would wait to start until after surgery.

Well, a couple of months ago she started asking to go.  Huh????  I had heard rumors of children doing this but never imagine that I would be so blessed as to have my own child do it!!!!!  So, even though I wanted to wait until after the Fontan to potty train I wasn't going to tell her no, so when ever she would ask I would let her use the potty.  I never asked her, I was content to leave her in diapers, but as time went on she asked more and more and I finally thought, OK, it's time to potty train her.  So, although I'm not doing the "potty training boot camp" that I did with Zachary we are doing potty training "casual"  :)

We don't use pull-ups, just underwear and for the most part she does great.  She is still in diapers at bedtime, but she has done remarakably well.  I fully expect there to be potty regression when she has her Fontan in November, which is why I'm being super-casual about potty training.  But for the time being we have been doing the "POTTY DANCE" around here a lot and singing that silly little song!!!!!  Oh... she is also indulging her sweet tooth whenever she has success, which has been a huge motivator for her :) 

"Do the (clap, clap) potty dance"!!!!!!  (You do all sorts of silly things once you  have kids... am I right Moms????)

No comments: