God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Big Boy!

Today is Zachary's 5th birthday! I can't beleive he is actually 5 years old. It truly feels like just yesterday he was a fat little baby boy and now he is a big kid. Where did the time go? When you're in the midst of nursing and sleepless nights it feels like they're going to be babies FOREVER and then poof.... they're big, just like that! 5 years old to me feels like a milestone. He'll be starting Kindergarten this Fall and starting to do all of those things that big kids do. Goodbye training wheels, goodbye preschool, goodbye car seat. I have been lamenting a lot recently about him growing up. Things like "Oh Zachary..... where did my little boy baby go? I'm going to miss having a little boy baby in the house. I can't hardly hold you anymore you're so big. Where did my baby go?" I guess after enough of it Zachary annoucned to me the other day, "Mom, I'm sorry, but I have to turn 5"! Yes, he has no interest in staying little and I suppose it is the natural progression of things that I have to let him grow up. He is a rambuncious, sweet, loving, funny, wild little boy and he is truly a blessing from the Lord. I am so thankful that God allowed me to be his mother. Being a Mother is a gift and it is true what they say.... they grow up WAY too fast! Happy 5th birthday little boy.... uh... I mean BIG boy!


Yes, he really grew that much in a year!

No comments: