God alone is Sovereign

1 Chronicles 29:11

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Anna Grace - July 15

So, as I mentioned in my post yesterday Anna Grace was looking a little blue. Today she was still looking blue so I called her cardiologist to mention it to him. I'd considered just waiting until our next cardiologist appointment, but so soon after surgery I figured I'd better play it safe and just call. So, after speaking on the phone with the cardiologist he said he wanted to see her TODAY. So... we drove to Greenville today to see him pretty much as soon as we got off the phone. Many of you saw Brian's facebook update and we SINCERELY thank you all for praying for Anna Grace. Her O2 sats were 85... which is stellar. Her hands and feet are blue though.... Dr. R said that crying (which Anna Grace does A LOT of) will cause her O2 sats to drop significantly and cause her to turn blue. Anna Grace's hands and feet have stayed blue though and he said that it's "acceptable blue"... he said next time to look at her tongue and if her tongue is blue then be concerned. OK... so now I know. Since I am still learning about being a heart Mom to a "Hypoplast" (as the docs call them) I am still learning what's "acceptable blue" and "not acceptable blue". By the time I get it all down it will be time for her "fontan completion" and then I will have to learn new stuff all over again. Anyway... it was a little scare for me, but turned out to be just fine. I am thankful to be home with my kids and NOT on my way to the hospital. What a blessing - thank you Lord for your favor today!

No comments: